Garlic cheese grits don’t take long to make when you cook everything on the stove top! Here’s a recipe for the easiest garlic cheese grits that you can serve for breakfast or a side dish with a cozy meal.
Here’s more comfort food for these last few weeks of winter! Cheese grits can take an age to bake in the oven, so why not skip the waiting and keep it all on the stovetop?
Easy Cheesy Garlic Grits
These garlic cheese grits are easy and quick to make on the stove top. Serve them for breakfast, or with sausages for a hearty supper.
- 1 1/3 cup dry corn grits
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed/ minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 2 bratwursts, cooked and chopped
- Cook the grits according to the package directions in a pot or large saucepan. If you wish to add brats to the recipe, cook those while the grits are thickening.
With the hot, cooked grits on low, stir in the beaten eggs. They will cook in the hot grits.
Add cheese, butter, and spices, and stir well. Serve.
- The ingredients are approximations, so load up the cheese and garlic if you want more! You can substitute any ground, cooked sausage for the brats, or crumble cooked bacon over each serving.
- I like to use Real Salt for this recipe.
Here are more yummy breakfast recipes you might enjoy: