Two seasons meet and mingle seamlessly in this moist muffin creation. Since you’ll likely be using frozen pumpkin now, freeze some black raspberries so you can make it again come autumn. I’ve no doubt blackberries would taste good in this, too. Depending on the liquid content of your pumpkin puree, you may need to add a little more milk. My muffin batter was slightly more liquidy than brownie batter.
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup rapadura/sucanat
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, gently melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup black raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 and grease/butter a muffin tin.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the oil, eggs, buttermilk, and pumpkin.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined (no overmixing!). Gently fold in the berries.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and gently loosen each from the pan to cool.