Sip your way into September with this refreshing, summer sweet burst of juicy watermelon and fresh-squeezed limes.
Try it with a Mexican-style meal–we enjoyed it with quesadillas and guacamole–or with grilled burgers. Mmm, or maybe as a breakfast juice with sausage and egg burritos or hot muffins. Of course, if you’d rather not pair it with food, try a book! Tastes like a good way to finish your summer novel…
- 1/2 of a medium-sized seedless watermelon
- juice of 8 limes
- rum (vanilla, coconut, and cherry flavoured rums are a nice touch)
- Cut the watermelon into large chunks, removing the rind.
- Puree the melon and lime juice in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Pour blended liquid through a strainer into a 1/2 gallon pitcher. Stir well.
- Chill thoroughly and serve over ice with a splash of rum.
What is your favourite summer beverage?