I’m very excited to share this recipe today! It’s delicious, healthy, cheap, colorful, and incredibly easy to make. Considering the fact that many Americans struggle everyday to produce such a meal, you might want to bookmark this recipe and add the ingredients to your shopping list. Oh wait, that’s another brilliant thing about this dish–you probably have most of the ingredients already! So just buy couscous and you’re good to go.
This recipe is not typical winter fare, but as we just got back from warm southern California I hope you’ll excuse us. Eric is the mastermind behind this creation.
Fresh Couscous Salad
This couscous salad is fresh, healthy, and hearty! Enjoy it for a meal or a filling side dish.
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 2 carrots
- 1 large handful of green beans
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
Prepare couscous according to package directions. Put in large bowl. Finely chop spinach and carrots. Chop beans and cheese; add all to bowl. Drizzle salad liberally with olive oil and vinegar. Sir everything and serve.
- This can be served as a side dish, or a meal in itself.
- Consider adding tomatoes, kielbasa sausage, onions, or eggplant–anything you think would go well.
- It's a great make-ahead dish and would be delicious chilled.
- Couscous can be expensive in the grocery store, so check Amazon for better prices.