These chocolate chip cookie bars are the perfect all-occasion dessert. They’re sweetened with sucanat and studded with walnuts and chocolate chips.
Some things turn out just the way you want them to. These thick, walnut-studded, chocolate-heavy, naturally sweetened cookie bars sure did. They’re the best thing since gooey butter cake, and really in a class of their own.
These chocolate chip cookie bars are the ultimate all-occasion dessert. Think about it. You could bring them…
- on a picnic
- to a potluck
- on a road trip
- to new neighbours
Or have them for…
- dessert with company
- a kids’ party
- a mid-afternoon snack with a glass of fresh, ice-cold milk
The ingredients are what you’d find in any cookie recipe:
But the results are the perfect combination of cookie and blondie.
Ready to make a batch?
Thick Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sucanat or brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter an 8x8-inch or 11x7-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sucanat, and vanilla. Mix in egg.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until well combined.
- Press dough into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned and beginning to pull back from the side of the pan. Do not overbake! Bars will continue to cook as they cool.