As the temperatures climb, it’s a smart idea to keep a stash of no-cook recipes handy.
We’re hoping to brave it out again this summer and get by without air conditioning. It’s doable, up here in Michigan, unless we get a abnormally hot summer.
On the days when the temperature spikes, though, we can only keep from melting by drinking lots of ice water, blasting the fans, and under no circumstances using the oven!
That’s when a recipe like this chilled cucumber and avocado soup comes in handy! It’s all raw, and because of the healthy fats like olive oil and avocado, it’s quite filling, too! Check out the ingredients:
See all the green stuff? Very good for you! The chicken broth nourishes your bones, the salt amps up the flavour, and the garlic adds spiciness and immune-boosting magic.
You can serve this summer soup immediately after blending, or make it ahead and keep it in the fridge til serving time.
Chilled Cucumber and Avocado Summer Soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lime juice about 4 limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large cucumber chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 green onions cut into a few pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt this is my favourite
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 avocado sliced into a few peices
- sour cream
- Put the liquids into a blender and then add all remaining ingredients, except the sour cream. Blend on high for 20 seconds, or until smooth. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.